- Almost, actually practically, probably, naturally, virtually, undoubtedly, positively, definitely, suddenly, really, absolutely (oh what the heck, get rid of anything with -ly on the end!)
- As you must know
- So - Yep, you can't use it. It's like so not appropriate! I'm not even sure why, but this was one of the words listed in a book I have on words to avoid.
- But - Again - why?
- Just - Okay, I get this one. This word must be weeded out of the English language.
- Oh - Really? Oh?
- Well - Why? I don't know.
- Little - You can use tiny, minuscule, small, wee, but apparently not little.
- Tiny - Oops! My mistake, you can't use tiny either.
- It goes without saying - So there really is no point in saying it.
- As you can see - If you can see it you don't have to say it.
- Anyway - Yeah, I don't get that one either.
- Then - Try to explain a series of events without it. Go on - I dare ya!
I have learned recently that some of these words are being allowed once again. I've also learned that the rules of grammar we studied in school, probably won't apply once you get out of it. These rules seem to change every year.
Oh, and one more thing - don't forget to get rid of your exclamation points!
Until Next Time,