I did a book signing the other day at our local bookstore. I was blessed with visitors and people who wanted to sit and chat. The bookstore owner was giving out free samples of tea which made the sitting and chatting all the more pleasant. The table I sat at held a copious amount of books - and chocolate. At any other bookstore in any other place, that would have made me feel immediately nervous. But this was my town and these were my people and this was my bookstore owner. She's a gem and my biggest cheerleader. Thanks to her I sell more copies of my books locally than anywhere else. I think of her when I'm writing my books. I want to give her a quality product that she can promote to my local and regularly growing readership. Bookstore owners like her are jewels and should be protected and supported. Big stores have their place and I like stopping in to see what's on the shelves, but there are many times I'm overwhelmed by the variety and the sheer volume. Our local bookstore is a haven of comfort and joy. And what's not to like about free tea?
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Monday, December 03, 2007
The bookstore - Aarsen
I did a book signing the other day at our local bookstore. I was blessed with visitors and people who wanted to sit and chat. The bookstore owner was giving out free samples of tea which made the sitting and chatting all the more pleasant. The table I sat at held a copious amount of books - and chocolate. At any other bookstore in any other place, that would have made me feel immediately nervous. But this was my town and these were my people and this was my bookstore owner. She's a gem and my biggest cheerleader. Thanks to her I sell more copies of my books locally than anywhere else. I think of her when I'm writing my books. I want to give her a quality product that she can promote to my local and regularly growing readership. Bookstore owners like her are jewels and should be protected and supported. Big stores have their place and I like stopping in to see what's on the shelves, but there are many times I'm overwhelmed by the variety and the sheer volume. Our local bookstore is a haven of comfort and joy. And what's not to like about free tea?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
In the introduction to Psalms 365: Develop a Life of Worship and Prayer , which will be released later this month, I make this statement, ...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
As this entry is published, it is twenty-five days until Good Friday. We are approaching the most important festival of the Church year. Som...
-
Credit: Pngtree.jpg They call him The King of Beasts. His rippling musculature and regal bearing attract the attention and admiration...
-
The desk in my motel room. Oops, I think I see Facebook on my screen! I have the sweetest hubby ever. Maybe he just wanted a bit of p...
-
The 1952 romance/musical, Singing in the Rain was so spectacular that I went to see it twice. The fact that my talented and handsome g...
No comments:
Post a Comment