Christmas comes every December 25th, of course. And New Year's Day (complete with a host of new resolutions) arrives January 1st without fail. But there's a third occasion that has become all too traditional for me. I've come to think of mid-January as the Season of Resolution Meltdown.
The nice thing about being a songwriter is that if you have an epiphany at any juncture, you can sing it back to yourself in subsequent years. And so, in honour of Resolution Meltdown Season 2013, I present to you a song I wrote a very long time ago, but still need to hear. If you also need to hear it, I hope it reaches your heart, and if you don't - well, I hope you enjoy the beat!
Happy New Year ...
Carolyn
PS - Lamentations 3:22-23
New Year's Day
by Carolyn Arends
I buy a lot of diaries
Fill them full of good intentions
Each and every New Year's Eve
I make myself a list
All the things I'm gonna change
Until January 2nd
So this time I'm making one promise
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
I believe it's possible
I believe in new beginnings
'Cause I believe in Christmas Day
And Easter morning too
And I'm convinced it's doable
'Cause I believe in second chances
Just the way that I believe in you
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This could start a revolution
Every day is...
One more chance to start all over
One more chance to change and grow
One more chance to grab a hold of
grace
And never let it go
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This could start a revolution
Every day is New Year's Day
© 1997 running arends music/New
Spring Publishing, a division of Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.
(ASCAP)
www.carolynarends.com
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Monday, January 14, 2013
Every Day is New Year's Day - Arends
Labels:
Carolyn Arends,
grace,
lamentations,
New Year resolutions,
youtube
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
Our coordinator suggested that in our April posts on this blog site we might “write a post about who we are and what we write. . . . [and w...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
I've been writing professionally for most of my adult life. My first novel, THE JOSIAH FILES was published twenty years ago by Thom...
-
Charles Reaper Between 1869 and 1939, more than 100,000 children immigrated to Canada from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. More...
-
Did you know that the average age for a NY Times bestselling author is 50? At age 85, Agatha Christie had a best selling mystery, and recent...
-
Random Acts of Kindness... This month's prompt reminded me of an activity our youth group did many years ago when we were in full time...
3 comments:
The possibilities of new beginnings coming with the dawning of every day . . . interesting and great perspectives, Carolyn, and a message that we all do well to hear and apply. Thanks for sharing your inspiring lyrics.
Every day grace
Gifts from above
Of the Father's love.
~~+~~
Hi Carolyn, I'm back.
Yesterday the video didn't load, so I thanked you for sharing your lyrics.
Today, it loaded.
Well, that's a cheerful toe-tappin' tune! With the lyrics and music together it really makes for an enjoyable song that presents an encouraging, hopefilled message.
And thank you for sharing it! :)
~~+~~
Thanks, Peter. Your encouragement is a gift!
Post a Comment