Michael D. O'Brien's The Father's Tale (Ignatius) is not only the best fiction I've read this year (which includes Robin Hood), it is the most satisfying novel I've read in a long time. The author describes his work as "A modern retelling of the parables of The Good Shepherd and The Prodigal Son." That's the essence.
The book is 1072 pages of adventure, drama, suspense, East versus West, family relationships, spiritual experiences, and love. Here's the link (the trailer is worth a watch).
Absolutely loved this book written by a Canadian writer who is Christian.
Marian den Boer is the author of Blooming, this Pilgrim's Progress.
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
In the introduction to Psalms 365: Develop a Life of Worship and Prayer , which will be released later this month, I make this statement, ...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
Charles Reaper Between 1869 and 1939, more than 100,000 children immigrated to Canada from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. More...
-
My present journey through the Bible has landed me in the book of Jonah, a good place to land in January. When Jonah opened his in-box he f...
-
The desk in my motel room. Oops, I think I see Facebook on my screen! I have the sweetest hubby ever. Maybe he just wanted a bit of p...
-
I've been writing professionally for most of my adult life. My first novel, THE JOSIAH FILES was published twenty years ago by Thom...

2 comments:
Wow! That's a strong endorsement, Marian! And it sounds well-deserved.
The information and trailer certainly indicate the stature of the work.
Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and bringing "The Father's Tale" to my notice.
~~+~~
You are most welcome.
Post a Comment