Friday, March 14, 2008

A Victor's Song - Meyer

I have felt recently
That success is near
Just around the corner, just a breath away

I should be happy
Seeing the mountaintop in view
The reward of a long and difficult climb

But instead of elation, I know fear
Instead of joy, I feel a dragging hesitation
Making me want to turn and run back to where I began

Success, that illusive foe
Repels me with its unknown qualities
Failure, like a worn-out coat, wraps around me like a shroud

Inches from the goal, I turn back
Afraid that someone such as I
Could never, should never, win so grand a prize

But through the mists
Comes a Voice I know so well
Dear child, don’t you know, you’re already a hero to Me

You’ve nothing to prove
It won’t matter if you win or lose
My love for you is the same. It will never, ever change.

Run into success!
Don’t be afraid of failure
Rest in My love, child… You’re already a hero to Me.



Dorene Meyer
http://www.dorenemeyer.com/

3 comments:

Linda Wegner said...

Thanks for verbalizing my fears (and, I'm convinced, those of lots of us). On a daily basis I find myself humming the words of my favourite hymn: "Jesus, the very thought of Thee, with sweetness fills my breast/But sweeter still, Thy face to see/And in Thy presence rest." Most powerful antidote to fear I know! Thanks for sharing this.

Linda Wegner said...

Thanks for verbalizing my fears (and, I'm convinced, those of lots of us). On a daily basis I find myself humming the words of my favourite hymn: "Jesus, the very thought of Thee, with sweetness fills my breast/But sweeter still, Thy face to see/And in Thy presence rest." Most powerful antidote to fear I know! Thanks for sharing this.

Linda Wegner said...

Don't sure how this went on twice -but He's worth praising untold times!

Popular Posts