I have felt recently
That success is near
Just around the corner, just a breath away
I should be happy
Seeing the mountaintop in view
The reward of a long and difficult climb
But instead of elation, I know fear
Instead of joy, I feel a dragging hesitation
Making me want to turn and run back to where I began
Success, that illusive foe
Repels me with its unknown qualities
Failure, like a worn-out coat, wraps around me like a shroud
Inches from the goal, I turn back
Afraid that someone such as I
Could never, should never, win so grand a prize
But through the mists
Comes a Voice I know so well
Dear child, don’t you know, you’re already a hero to Me
You’ve nothing to prove
It won’t matter if you win or lose
My love for you is the same. It will never, ever change.
Run into success!
Don’t be afraid of failure
Rest in My love, child… You’re already a hero to Me.
Dorene Meyer
http://www.dorenemeyer.com/
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
The desk in my motel room. Oops, I think I see Facebook on my screen! I have the sweetest hubby ever. Maybe he just wanted a bit of p...
-
Ted Decker talks about his early life on the mission field in Indonesia. Friend Louise shares about her childhood in British West In...
-
In the introduction to Psalms 365: Develop a Life of Worship and Prayer , which will be released later this month, I make this statement, ...
-
We’ve all encountered it. We’re engrossed in a well written secular novel and suddenly the protagonist is thrown into a situation so catast...
-
As this entry is published, it is twenty-five days until Good Friday. We are approaching the most important festival of the Church year. Som...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
Credit: Pngtree.jpg They call him The King of Beasts. His rippling musculature and regal bearing attract the attention and admiration...
3 comments:
Thanks for verbalizing my fears (and, I'm convinced, those of lots of us). On a daily basis I find myself humming the words of my favourite hymn: "Jesus, the very thought of Thee, with sweetness fills my breast/But sweeter still, Thy face to see/And in Thy presence rest." Most powerful antidote to fear I know! Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks for verbalizing my fears (and, I'm convinced, those of lots of us). On a daily basis I find myself humming the words of my favourite hymn: "Jesus, the very thought of Thee, with sweetness fills my breast/But sweeter still, Thy face to see/And in Thy presence rest." Most powerful antidote to fear I know! Thanks for sharing this.
Don't sure how this went on twice -but He's worth praising untold times!
Post a Comment