Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
You Know It's A Good Conference When... den Boer
Every session you attend teaches you something you didn't know before.
You like all the food.
You make new friends.
You reconnect with old friends.
You buy books.
You buy more books.
The books you buy are tax deductible.
You sell books.
You sell your own books.
You enjoy your volunteer position so much you have to be told to tone down.
You meet editors who might want to work with you.
You come out of your faculty appointment with hope in your heart.
You read from your WIP at an Early Bird session and people laugh at the right places.
One of the keynote speakers is the twin of a friend back home.
You realize your WIP needs a ton of work and you're not even upset.
You come home and supper is on the table and the house is cleaner than when you left.
That was a good conference.
Thank you Write! Canada.
Marian den Boer is the author of Blooming, This Pilgrim's Progress. You can follow her current WIP, Minnie Goes to Heaven, on her blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Welcome-to-my-World of writing as requested! In reflection, it seems I've been writing forever; my cat being my first audience. Give he...
-
This past week has been an exciting one as I distributed copies of my first picture book, Harry’s Trees, to my family. The book star...
-
I sometimes think of myself as a writing chameleon because I write for two very distinct audiences. My first writing love is romantic suspe...
-
(Peter and his sweetheart, May) Once in a while, a person comes along who reaches out in all directions to encou...
-
Ted Dekker is a best-selling author known for his fast-paced, plot-twisting thrillers and fantasy novels. In every novel he works out his f...
-
You may have noticed that many of the Canadian Writers Bloggers this month have been offering (rather delightful) glimpses of their pathways...
-
Incredulous! The couple couldn’t believe their ears. A large auctioneering company was not interested in their treasures. Now in their seve...
-
This morning I’ve taken to wistful reminiscing . . . yep, again . I guess it’s a sign of my times. Numerous and varied events surrounding ...
-
My face was beet red. I slouched into my chair with a dismal sigh. Bruno, my language teacher, having not the slightest inclination to...
-
We never know how our words may impact future generations. That was certainly the case with Elizabeth Clephane, born as the youngest daught...

2 comments:
Marian, that's quite a ringing endorsement!
I don't want to use the "E" word (envy!), but I sure wish I'd been at the conference with you and everyone else who attended.
I'm really glad you had such an enjoyable and beneficial time. ~~+~~
Peter we missed you, especially at the morning prayer.
Post a Comment