Friday, June 10, 2011

But I'm at the computer... - Nesdoly


This is a poem about my headstrong inner child
rebellious teen, dysfunctional adult.
This is a poem about sneaky ways
to break my own rules.
This is a poem about bribes and bargaining
Work for one hour
and you can check your email.
This is a poem about adult ADHD
fed by email, blog stats, galleries, and Google.
This is a poem about resourcefulness
web searches, and getting sidetracked
on internet ramblings one can call research.
This is a poem about being sneaky –
Just one more click on Facebook
and then I’ll really get to work.
This is a poem about fear.
This is a poem about finally
getting lost in the words
swept away by the ideas
into the zone
living the scene.
This is a poem about the indulgence
of guilt-free blog-reading
when I’ve met my goal.
This is a poem about going
through the whole process again tomorrow.
This is a poem about writing.

© 2011 by Violet Nesdoly


Website: www.violetnesdoly.com

4 comments:

Peter Black said...

Oooh! Violet,
What a diagnosis -- "my headstrong inner child, rebellious teen, dysfunctional adult"!
You've nailed it for me, and who knows how many more! :)
The condition is serious -- and fun!

Violet N. said...

Not you too?! Oh dear.

Thanks Peter. :)

Marcia Lee Laycock said...

Me too! Glad we're all in good company. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm almost the same way when it comes to blogging and the computer.

Just when I think I'm finished, one more thing pops up for me to do.

Popular Posts