Monday, September 17, 2018

Praying in Jesus' Name by Susan Harris

At one of the schools I taught at in Trinidad the VP asked if I’d open the staff meeting in prayer. I was happy to do so. At the end of the meeting, a fellow teacher commented that I ought not to mention "In the name of Jesus" because it was a staff of mixed beliefs. I thanked him for his observation and reaffirmed that's it the way I always pray. If people do not want to hear it, then don’t ask me to pray. 
I am bold, and not ashamed of my faith.
Later in the day another teacher asked me for a copy of the prayer. She thought I had read one and was astonished that it was spontaneous. 
I pray in Jesus’ name because I stand on His authority. Praying in Jesus' name is essentially praying according to the will of God. Some verses that support praying in Jesus' name are:
•                John 14:13-14, And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
•                1 John 5:14 - And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us
•                Mark 16: 17-18 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
•                John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The “secret” to effective prayer lies in praying in the Name of Jesus.

Susan Harris  is bold and unstoppable in her faith. www.susanharris.ca. Join her page 1 Minute Prayer for a daily listing of God’s Direct Words as spoken in the Old Testament https://www.facebook.com/1-Minute-Prayer-368981386624849/

No comments:

Popular Posts