Annual Ottawa Conference: Called to Write in Challenging Times Saturday, April 7th, 2018
(A limited number of scholarships is available, thanks to a generous donor. First come, first served.)
from 8:15 am to 4:15 pm 6 workshops and 2 special guest speakers. Includes catered lunch. Cost $50
Cardus Ottawa, 45 Rideau St, 7th floor, Ottawa, ON, K1N 5W8 (corner of Rideau St and Sussex Drive; between Chapters and CIBC Branch) For full details and to register click here
Plenary Speaker 1 - Lessons I Learned in Writing and Faith with Karen Stiller. Karen is a senior editor of Faith Today magazine and a freelance writer and author. She is editor of a series of essays about The Lord’s Prayer, an editor of Evangelicals Around the World: a Global Handbook for the 21st Century, and coauthor of Shifting Stats and Going Missional. Karen Stiller’s books include: The Lord’s Prayer (2017), Shifting Stats Skating the Church (2015) and Going Missional (2010).
Plenary Speaker 2 - Lessons I Learned in Writing and Politics with John Weston. John is a lawyer focusing on Government Relations and Indigenous Affairs; author of the book On! Achieving Excellence In Leadership; and a professional speaker. John has been helping shape Canada’s future for several decades. He cut his teeth on public affairs at age 21 while working on the patriation of Canada’s Constitution under British Columbia’s Deputy Minister Responsible for Constitutional Affairs, and later for the Government of Quebec. From 2008 to 2015, he served as a Canadian Member of Parliament. launching a national program on health and fitness, and winning unanimous approval for two private member’s bills. He is also a founder of the Canadian Constitution Foundation and the National Health and Fitness Foundation, whose mission is to “Make Canada the Fittest Nation on Earth”. www.johnweston.ca
More:
http://ottawachristianwriters.ca/pdf/April2018Conference.pdf
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Were you raised in a home where resources were scarce and you were taught to not waste anything, but to recycle and reuse whenever possib...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
by Linda Hall If you haven't seen the “Which Downton Abbey Character Are You?” quiz, you soon will. It’s all over Facebook. Being a...
-
My Beloved and I finally broke free from the heavy, slow molasses that clung to and characterized our driving experience through much of ...
-
Charles Reaper Between 1869 and 1939, more than 100,000 children immigrated to Canada from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. More...
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
When writing non-fiction, it’s always helpful to use quotes that not only inform but touch the reader’s heart. In writing the stories of...
-
I am in the middle of doing one of the most challenging and exciting things I've done since setting out on my writing journey. You se...
-
Our coordinator suggested that in our April posts on this blog site we might “write a post about who we are and what we write. . . . [and w...
2 comments:
Thanks for posting about this excellent opportunity, Denyse.
Thanks Denyse. This should be a marvellous opportunity for learning and growth, and also for fellowship with other writers and presenters. Even though I can't be present, I congratulate your Ottawa group for your work and wish you eminent success and benefit from this conference. ~~+~~
Post a Comment