Monday, July 08, 2013

How is Your Bookshelf? - Laura J. Davis

Writers usually have a plethora of books of all types and genres. We are avid readers (or we should be), who are so insecure that we often look at someone else's writing and say, "I wish I could write like that",  or we critique it while we are reading it, trying to find anything at all that the author screwed up on, just to make ourselves feel better. Oh, c'mon! You know you do it!

As writers it is important that we practice our craft daily and that we don't close our minds off to instruction from others. Advice and guidance from a well-seasoned writer can go a long way. Blogs on writing can give you helpful hints, but an arsenal of books on writing are also good to have on hand. The following are books that I have read or have been recommended to me. I invite you to check them out on Amazon.






















































































2 comments:

Peter Black said...

Laura, You are a great inspiration, and you amaze me with how productive you are, despite the many challenges I'm aware that you face. How you manage to read as much as you do, and accomplish all the generous promotion of other writers and their work, is beyond me. :) ~~+~~

Carolyn R. Wilker said...

Laura, thanks for the look at a few of the many books your shelf must hold.
Does the novel writing plan book work for you? I tend to write till the story is over. ;)


Popular Posts