Friday, August 27, 2010
Acknowledging God’s Guidance – Lawrence
Carolyn Myss, in her book, Entering The Castle, says, “Once you acknowledge guidance, you will always be shown pathways through whatever difficulties arise…You will gradually develop the stamina to act on the guidance you receive, confronting whatever fears surface along the way…you know what it is to hear God. That doesn’t settle the challenge of whether you will follow this voice.”
Regarding the manuscript I have just completed, “Highway of Holiness: Soul Journey”, I have been seeking God’s guidance on what I am to do about its publication.
I feel that I did receive God’s guidance in the following words, “Wait a little while longer; there is a place for you.” Shortly after this, I remembered some suggestions about publishing a manuscript that a fellow author had shared with me and I believe that they were part of the way on which God was leading me.
I sought God’s guidance; I believe I received God’s guidance; yet I seemed to be fighting against the guidance I had been given.
In order for me to discover why I was unsettled about following God’s guidance, I posed a series of questions to myself in my journal and tried to answer them honestly. Here are my questions and answers.
1. Q. Do you believe God is giving you guidance over your present manuscript? A. Yes.
2. Q. What do you believe that guidance to be? A. I believe that God is guiding me to search for a publisher through the O.A.C.’s Writers Reserve Program.
3. Q. Why are you hesitant to follow God’s guidance? A. I am impatient for the book to be published. I know that I could self-publish it easily and have it on the market quickly without all the hassle of going through the slow process of publishing with an established publisher.
4. Q. Will you commit to prayer, and practice following God’s guidance as it has been revealed to you? A. I will try, knowing that this will help me to develop stamina to act on the guidance I have received from God.
5. Q. You know what it is to hear God’s voice; are you willing to follow God’s guidance? A. With the Lord’s help, I will follow the path that God is showing me.
I continue to struggle with this but I hope that, through this struggle, I will develop the stamina to act on the guidance I have received, grow in patience, and confront whatever fears surface along the way.
For years I’ve begged my husband to bring me mustard seeds, eager to lay eyes on the tiniest Black mustard seeds grown in Canada seeds ...
My grandfather wrote in my autograph book, “Make new friends, keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.” Of all the autograph...
Dinner will be served good conversation at the dinner table around our dinner table Friday evening Jocelyne Vezina re...
Recently, I have been giving a lot of thought to hearing from God. As Christian writers do we hear from God? Does He whisper in your ear and...
Canadian astronaut turned governor-general trashes all Canadians who doubt that life is a “random process” - Denyse O'LearyFrom Global News: “And we are still debating and still questioning whether life was a divine intervention or whether it was coming ...
We've been encouraged in recent years to keep a gratitude journal. Ann Voskamp encourages readers to make a list of 1,000 things th...
By the Rev. Dr. Ed Hird Recently my wife Janice and I had the privilege of attending a dance at a Legion. For many years, we have wo...
Board games often include a miniature replica of an hourglass. It is used to time a player’s turn. The timer is set in the mid...
“OK my darlings – what’s it going to be,” I challenged, “shall we take the cable car or lace up our hiking boots?” Ey...
It simply did not cross my mind to disobey my parent’s instructions while growing up in their house. Credit:Google Images There was no ...