Friday, November 02, 2007

Raising the Wall Together - Wegner

As I considered a topic for this blog my thoughts turned to the story of Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem. What made me think of that project was a call I received from a local businessman yesterday.

"Is Len there?" he asked and I made a mental note, again, to change the listing of our names in the phone book. Two "L Wegner" entries is confusing enough but having them live next door to each other is downright perlexing to those who don't know we moved into the house beside our son and his family.

There is a point to this story because as a result of the misdirected phone call, the business owner recalled having received an email asking if he knew of a good writer of business articles. His getting the "wrong" number resulted in my getting 2 new jobs today. It all reminded me of the workers on the wall and of the importance of their coordinated effort to get an important job done.

We've all heard, and perhaps demonstrated, that writers tend to live an isolated life. In an "earlier life" I considered myself quite the extrovert; now, as a full time-make my living as a writer-person, I spend most of my waking hours behind both a computer screen and a closed door. This Scripture passage reminds me of my need for fellowship as well as productivity.

It's all about networking, doing our part, and cooperating. "The God of heaven will give us success; therefore we His servants will arise and build...."

No comments:

Popular Posts