In
a Sunday message recently, I heard a quote from J.R.R. Tolkien and The
Fellowship of the Ring that expresses what many of us are thinking about now as
we “shelter in place.”
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
The desk in my motel room. Oops, I think I see Facebook on my screen! I have the sweetest hubby ever. Maybe he just wanted a bit of p...
-
Ted Decker talks about his early life on the mission field in Indonesia. Friend Louise shares about her childhood in British West In...
-
In the introduction to Psalms 365: Develop a Life of Worship and Prayer , which will be released later this month, I make this statement, ...
-
We’ve all encountered it. We’re engrossed in a well written secular novel and suddenly the protagonist is thrown into a situation so catast...
-
As this entry is published, it is twenty-five days until Good Friday. We are approaching the most important festival of the Church year. Som...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
Credit: Pngtree.jpg They call him The King of Beasts. His rippling musculature and regal bearing attract the attention and admiration...


3 comments:
A delightful article quoting JRR Tolkien.
Thanks Carolyn. These are thoughtful reflections for us at this time. Your closing sentence's leading word stood out as I concluded my reading - "Until . . ."
There IS an end to the current situation somewhere in God's sight. May goodness and mercy be your portion and also of people everywhere, as we play our part, striving to remain healthy for our personal and for the general good. ~~+~~
Thank you, Ed, for your kind comment.
Post a Comment