Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
A Most Extravagant Valentine from a Most Extravagant Lover—den Boer
Over the years my husband has been know to treat me to significant valentine surprises...a mushy card, Belgian chocolate, flowers (roses sometimes, even though they cost three times as much on February 14) candlelight dinner, an evening at the theatre.
He tells me I'm worth it.
I believe him.
With a husband like that, I don't know why I would look elsewhere for love, but I have.
I was talking to my lover the other day and asked him to write me a love letter. He said he already had, a whole book of them. He also reminded me of his many gifts including flowers, and his most extravagant gift of all.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Jesus, I love you.
Marian den Boer is the author of Blooming, This Pilgrim's Progress. You can follow her current novel, Minnie Goes to Heaven on her blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Welcome-to-my-World of writing as requested! In reflection, it seems I've been writing forever; my cat being my first audience. Give he...
-
This past week has been an exciting one as I distributed copies of my first picture book, Harry’s Trees, to my family. The book star...
-
I sometimes think of myself as a writing chameleon because I write for two very distinct audiences. My first writing love is romantic suspe...
-
(Peter and his sweetheart, May) Once in a while, a person comes along who reaches out in all directions to encou...
-
Ted Dekker is a best-selling author known for his fast-paced, plot-twisting thrillers and fantasy novels. In every novel he works out his f...
-
You may have noticed that many of the Canadian Writers Bloggers this month have been offering (rather delightful) glimpses of their pathways...
-
Incredulous! The couple couldn’t believe their ears. A large auctioneering company was not interested in their treasures. Now in their seve...
-
This morning I’ve taken to wistful reminiscing . . . yep, again . I guess it’s a sign of my times. Numerous and varied events surrounding ...
-
My face was beet red. I slouched into my chair with a dismal sigh. Bruno, my language teacher, having not the slightest inclination to...
-
We never know how our words may impact future generations. That was certainly the case with Elizabeth Clephane, born as the youngest daught...

2 comments:
There's a wealth of meaning and love in these relatively few words, Marian!
Thank you for sharing them.
And may the human and divine loves of your life continue to blossom and flourish today and always. :)
~~+~~
I have not received anything...
Post a Comment