Tuesday, December 13, 2011
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Remixed
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
On the eleventh day of Christmas I consider faithfulness. Judas betrayed Jesus. He sure wasn't faithful. That left eleven faithful disciples. Am I counted in the ranks of a faithful disciple? I am quick to point to the disgusting choice that Judas made choosing money over Christ. But then I contemplate how money motivates so many in this
Finally...on the twelfth day of Christmas. Can you hear those twelve Drummers Drumming? The Apostle's Creed has twelve points that I need to drum into my heart -
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave].
5. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
Merry Christmas to all...Emmanuel
I just wanted an ordinary, simple life. May 2/17. Trees bare from winter. My gaze falls on the grove of trees that fringes the nort...
Last week I had coffee with a friend, and when we stood to leave she apologized for the pants she was wearing. “I wear these ...
A few people have been talking about what they took home from this year’s Write! Canada conference this year. ( E.g. Janet Sketchley's...
“The Oscar for best Original Score goes to..” “The best Original Song goes to....” “The best Cinematography goes to... “ “The...
“I’m going to build a raft, and then I can float it across the lake.” My ten-year-old grandson Austin’s face brimmed with excitement ...
I looked at the long line up of people. The room held the fragrance of an assortment of freshly cut flowers. Most of them were arranged in v...
On The Word Guild discussion forum a question was posed about whether, as writers, we preferred to type or handwrite our first drafts. I...
Today is Ash Wednesday – the beginning of Lent. It seems unusual that Ash Wednesday would also fall on the first day of the ...
Recently, I wrote about a hospital stay. I was ten. Left in s big city facility by my parents. I begged my mother not to leave. Of course, ...
I’ve been doing the Joy Dare with Ann Voskamp and many others for the past couple of weeks. Ann has provided a list for us to follow, spurr...