Tuesday, December 13, 2011
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Remixed
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
On the eleventh day of Christmas I consider faithfulness. Judas betrayed Jesus. He sure wasn't faithful. That left eleven faithful disciples. Am I counted in the ranks of a faithful disciple? I am quick to point to the disgusting choice that Judas made choosing money over Christ. But then I contemplate how money motivates so many in this
Finally...on the twelfth day of Christmas. Can you hear those twelve Drummers Drumming? The Apostle's Creed has twelve points that I need to drum into my heart -
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave].
5. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
Merry Christmas to all...Emmanuel
For years I’ve begged my husband to bring me mustard seeds, eager to lay eyes on the tiniest Black mustard seeds grown in Canada seeds ...
My grandfather wrote in my autograph book, “Make new friends, keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.” Of all the autograph...
Dinner will be served good conversation at the dinner table around our dinner table Friday evening Jocelyne Vezina re...
Recently, I have been giving a lot of thought to hearing from God. As Christian writers do we hear from God? Does He whisper in your ear and...
Canadian astronaut turned governor-general trashes all Canadians who doubt that life is a “random process” - Denyse O'LearyFrom Global News: “And we are still debating and still questioning whether life was a divine intervention or whether it was coming ...
We've been encouraged in recent years to keep a gratitude journal. Ann Voskamp encourages readers to make a list of 1,000 things th...
By the Rev. Dr. Ed Hird Recently my wife Janice and I had the privilege of attending a dance at a Legion. For many years, we have wo...
Board games often include a miniature replica of an hourglass. It is used to time a player’s turn. The timer is set in the mid...
It simply did not cross my mind to disobey my parent’s instructions while growing up in their house. Credit:Google Images There was no ...
Fanny Crosby Times of seeking God often precede a moment of revelation that transforms our lives. Blind poetess and prolific hymn writ...