Tuesday, December 13, 2011
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Remixed
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
On the eleventh day of Christmas I consider faithfulness. Judas betrayed Jesus. He sure wasn't faithful. That left eleven faithful disciples. Am I counted in the ranks of a faithful disciple? I am quick to point to the disgusting choice that Judas made choosing money over Christ. But then I contemplate how money motivates so many in this
Finally...on the twelfth day of Christmas. Can you hear those twelve Drummers Drumming? The Apostle's Creed has twelve points that I need to drum into my heart -
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell [the grave].
5. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
Merry Christmas to all...Emmanuel
Does waiting in a long line kill you; figuratively speaking? Are you a perfectionist, overachiever, workaholic, or all of the above? ...
I had plans. . . . expectations. . . dreams. They crumbled as I listened to the doctor's words. . .. Your baby has a five per...
It’s difficult for me to ask for anything. After all I was raised in a German family where my father helped me build character by telling...
We are seeing evidence these days of the words of the old hymn God Moves in a Mysterious Way, His wonders to perform. The theme o...
At our Facebook page. You can sign up there and read many more tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/265911277141603/ Meanwhile, Writ...
In my household, tried and true is a good thing for many reasons. Whatever works, we keep on with it, whether it’s a particular way of p...
I highlighted the middle of my story and clicked cut. I could not relate to what the girl was going through. I wanted answers for my own ...
By Rev. Dr. Ed Hird My grandmother and mother knew that I would become an Anglican priest. I dismissed this expectation, being convin...
I volunteered to a write blog for The Word Guild site on the 22 nd of each month, and February’s theme “love” was idling in the back of...
Maybe you can’t write full time. But could you make a late life career or part-time vocation of it? Explore the options with David Kitz,...