A short but deep post today ... this sobering quote from CS Lewis:
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Were you raised in a home where resources were scarce and you were taught to not waste anything, but to recycle and reuse whenever possib...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...
-
by Linda Hall If you haven't seen the “Which Downton Abbey Character Are You?” quiz, you soon will. It’s all over Facebook. Being a...
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
My Beloved and I finally broke free from the heavy, slow molasses that clung to and characterized our driving experience through much of ...
-
Just past the turn of last century, during the most productive of my freelance writing career, following God's pointing finger to ...
-
You have to have been living in a cave over the past few years not to realize that there is - has been - will be - a major shift in publishi...
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
I am in the middle of doing one of the most challenging and exciting things I've done since setting out on my writing journey. You se...
-
Rosemary Cash said, “The key to change is to let go of fear.” I see this in my life, in the church, family situations and community life. It...

2 comments:
So keen-cutting, deep and true, Carolyn.
I've just arrived home from a hospital Thanksgiving service, in which I sang thank-you songs intended to honour of the Lord, but the celebration of the act and appreciation of others and enjoyment of the doing very easily sneak in to cloud the flow of glory and honour due to the Lord alone.
Thank you.
Hey Carolyn:
Thanks for your post. I consider Lewis one a handful of the faithful whose persistence in seeking to be real assisted me in my desire to follow. Your post is a valuable reminder to keep the main thing, the main thing.
God bless,
Don
Post a Comment