Thursday, September 03, 2020

Pray for One Another by Rose McCormick Brandon

 

Prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. Ephesians 6:18


My heart was heavy over an on-going concern. One day, I arrived home from work weary. A small square envelope lay on the dining room table.  Tiny letters in the top left corner revealed the name of the sender–Valerie. We hadn’t connected for months as she lived about an hour away, but Valerie’s passionate faith always inspires me. Valerie knew nothing about my concern.

I slid a finger under the sealed flap and pulled out a card. Red and white roses encircled these words: I hold you in my heart

Inside Valerie wrote, “As I sat before the Lord this morning your face came before my eyes and I felt an urge to pray for you. I did. You are precious to the Lord and He holds you close to His heart. Remember, He will never leave you nor forsake you as you are going through this difficulty. You are in the palm of His mighty hand.”

I pressed the note to my heart and cherished it as a personal message from God to me. He cared. Cared enough to whisper my name to Valerie . . . not only to whisper my name but to reveal that I was going through a difficulty.

We are meant to pray for one another. Prayer is the primary business of all believers.

On other occasions friends have sensed my need and prayed for me. In turn, I have carried the needs of fellow believers to the Lord. That’s how God works. He urges us to pray for one another, to give words of encouragement and to find inventive ways to lift the spirits of the downhearted.

Prayer: Lord, burden my soul with the burdens of others. Cause me to sense their needs and urge me to bring them to you.

1 comment:

Peter Black said...

A lovely testimony, Rose. Thanks. I've experienced similar blessings myself, at either end of 'prayer nudge' situations. Your story is a great encouragement to continue walking closely and prayerfully with God, and living in His presence. ~~+~~

Popular Posts