Monday, April 16, 2007

HOCKEY ROCKS

Canada’s Women’s National Hockey Team won gold at the IIHF Championships in Winnipeg in April. (Way to Go Canada!) And for those of you who know me, you know I was there proudly wearing my Team Canada jersey shouting at the top of my lungs, cheering on our women in red and white as they battled their way to victory. And watching the crowd, it reminded me of something.

The gold medal game was sold out at 15,003. Nearly everyone was decked out in the Canadian colours. To see us all on our feet clapping and shouting as Canada won gold instilled in me the reminder that as fantastic as it is to see Canada win, there will be an even better experience in heaven when we as Christians will be there to cheer on Jesus when we see Him.

While we were packing the lobby at the MTS Center prior to the game you could feel the anticipation in the air. The doors would open an hour before game time, but still there was a palpable feeling of what was to come.

And, to at least some degree, that’s how it feels for me to be a Christian, living here on earth, waiting in anticipation.

We have lots to look forward to.

Now, if only there was a way to get the Jets back in Winnipeg…

No comments:

Popular Posts