Just finished reading "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova. That's a scary book especially if you let yourself identify with the main character. For those of you who may not know, "Still Alice" is a book written from the point of view of an Alzheimer's patient. It says on the cover, "Not a book you forget." I hope that's a promise because ever since I read the book, I've noticed I'm forgetting things—words, people's names, what I'm supposed to be doing....
Marian den Boer is the author of Blooming, This Pilgrim's Progress. She is presently working on a novel, Minnie Goes to Heaven, a work in progress. Catch daily updates here or begin reading here.
Looking for a place to feel inspired and challenged? Like to share a smile or a laugh? Interested in becoming more familiar with Canadian writers who have a Christian worldview? We are writers who live in different parts of Canada, see life from a variety of perspectives, and write in a number of genres. We share the goal of wanting to entertain and inspire you to be all you can be with God's help.
Thursday, May 02, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Jeremiah 29:11: “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give...
-
I’m not a Scrooge. If you drive by my house you will see the Christmas swag on my front door and planters filled with decorations. I love...
-
In the introduction to Psalms 365: Develop a Life of Worship and Prayer , which will be released later this month, I make this statement, ...
-
In her book The Pregnant Virgin, Marion Woodman tells us that we should not be afraid of change. She says that we should look at the amaryll...
-
by Reverend Dr. Ed Hird Life is messy. Family is messy. Marriage is messy. Church is messy. How do we navigate through the complexitie...
-
The desk in my motel room. Oops, I think I see Facebook on my screen! I have the sweetest hubby ever. Maybe he just wanted a bit of p...
-
Credit: Pngtree.jpg They call him The King of Beasts. His rippling musculature and regal bearing attract the attention and admiration...
-
The 1952 romance/musical, Singing in the Rain was so spectacular that I went to see it twice. The fact that my talented and handsome g...
-
Charles Reaper Between 1869 and 1939, more than 100,000 children immigrated to Canada from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. More...
-
By Linda Hall In the past few weeks, romance novels have taken a hit. Entire blogs have been devoted to the fact that Christian romance nove...

1 comment:
Marian,
Hmm very apropos for me -- I mean the remembering or failing to remember thing! You had me grinning:)
Alzheimer's is a serious matter though.
Good reads on your links.
Thank you
~~+~~
Post a Comment