Wednesday, May 25, 2011

God’s Guidance Fulfilled — Lawrence


On August 27th, 2010, I wrote a blog on this site called, Acknowledging God’s Guidance. It was about specific guidance that I had received from God, regarding my new manuscript, Highway of Holiness: Soul Journey.

Regarding God’s guidance, I quoted Carolyn Myss from her book, Entering the Castle, in which she says:

“Once you acknowledge guidance, you will always be shown pathways through whatever difficulties arise…You will gradually develop the stamina to act on the guidance you receive, confronting whatever fears surface along the way…you know what it is to hear God. That doesn’t settle the challenge of whether you will follow this voice.”

The guidance I needed was whether or not to self-publish this book, as I had done with three of my other books, or whether to continue to send the manuscript to more publishers and see if it would be accepted by one of them. I felt that I did receive God’s guidance in the following words, “Wait a little while longer; there is a place for you.”

However, I was finding it difficult to wait and began to hedge my bets by beginning to format my manuscript so that I would be ready to self-publish while, at the same time, continuing to send out my manuscript to publishers.

When God wants to prove a point (in this case, I believe God wanted to prove that my doubts of God’s guidance to provide a publisher for my manuscript were unfounded), then miracles happen.

This is the miracle I was given:

I sent in my book proposal one day over the internet as instructed by the publisher, Wipf and Stock. The next morning, I received a reply that they wanted my manuscript. How amazing is that? Eight months later, my book is published and available for purchase. It would have been earlier than that but I became very sick in October 2010 and my manuscript deadline had to be postponed for three months until my health and strength improved.

I give thanks and praise to God for his faithful guidance and miracle of my newly published book, Highway of Holiness: Soul Journey.

Highway of Holiness:Soul Journey By Judith Lawrence

Book Description
You were born on earth in holiness but as you walk along life's road and become buffeted with life's trials you lose the knowledge of the holiness with which you were born. Join Judith Lawrence along her soul journey as she considers God's grace, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the abundance of Christ's love, and many other blessings received along life's road. Discover your soul's qualities, discern your soul's voice, and follow your soul's leading along your spiritual pilgrimage. Become a contemplative without a cloister, keep God at the center of your life, and find God's open doors along your pilgrim way. This book will take you through paths of prayer and assist you to become aware of your soul's presence within; it will guide you towards a unique relationship with God, take you along your path to spiritual maturity, and give you a realization of your holiness and oneness with God. The spiritual journey is one of awakening to your soul's presence, rediscovering the holiness with which you were born, and being transformed into spiritual beings.

Retail Price: $16.00
Web Price: $12.80
ISBN 10:
ISBN 13: 978-1-61097-159-1
Pages: 132
Binding: Paperback
Publication Date: 05/11/2011
Street Date: 05/11/2011
Division: Resource

2 comments:

Peter Black said...

Judith,
Thank you for sharing your testimony to the guidance you received and acted on, and how wonderfully God proved Himself in confirming the word He put in your heart.... Very encouraging!

Judith Lawrence said...

Thanks, Peter. Despite my impatience to wait for God's guidance to come to fruition, God continues to guide me and teach me in the ways of the Sacred One.

Popular Posts