Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Musings

by Glynis M. Belec


As I watch my grandsons I wonder.



What will life toss their way? What joys and challenges will they encounter as they swim the choppy waters of life?


They both have curious minds and gentle hearts. As a grandmom I want to protect and preserve their innocence. But life will happen and I will heed my Saviour's instruction to pray without ceasing. Hopefully curiosity will play itself out as intelligence and superior problem solving skills. And their gentle hearts will remain and combine compassion with an ability to be champions for God. Will they be leaders who stand up for the innocent and the defenseless? Will they serve God in a way I never imagined? Will they use their gifts to make this world a better place and through that will God receive His due glory?


As I chitter-chatter with my beautiful grandsons about Franklin the Turtle and Nemo and Lightning McQueen, I realize that our conversations won't be as simple when my precious grand-boys grow up. But I hope and pray that the communication will be there. That each will trust and know Grandma. That both will still love and respect me even though my wrinkles cast me into the category of 'old.' That our relationship will have blossomed into something particularly beautiful and blessed.


I'm hoping that a praying Grandma can doeth good for her grandboys and that they will both know that they have a special place in her heart.

1 comment:

Peter Black said...

Glynis, May all your "will they's?" be fulfilled in every hopeful and wholesome way.
And yes, a grandmother's prayers and precious moments spent with these little ones will have a part to play in that unfolding.
Adorable picture!

Popular Posts