Monday, November 03, 2008

Loverly Book Covers! - Grove

I just got the "Okie-dokie" to share the amazing cover for Talking to the Dead with you! Yeah!!
Amy Kiechlin at David C. Cook is the brilliant mind behind this fantastic cover. When I first saw it, my jaw dropped. In an e-mail, I said, " Amy, you are very, very talented - you've taken the feeling of the book and translated it into a cover that tells the story."

She wrote back, saying, "I had a lot of fun doing it, and I too, just felt that God’s hand of creativity was giving me the design ideas and imagery that was outlined so beautifully in your writing."

I've said it before, but it bears repeating; the folks at David C. Cook have been a dream to work with. These talented, creative people go beyond the extra mile to ensure a stellar product from start to finish. One sense I get when I talk to the folks there, is that they honestly love their job. They are in it for the love of great books and take delight - true delight in the creative process with all its bumps and wiggles.

I've lost count of the hours I've spent gazing at this cover. It's just so perfect - such a hand and glove fit for the story I've written (and am still editing). And I've shed a few happy tears over it too. My husband pronounced it "Perfect." I asked him what he liked most about it and he said, "Your name's on it." Sweet feller.

Here's the blurb:

Twenty-something Kate Davis can’t seem to get this grieving widow thing right. She’s supposed to put on a brave face and get on with her life, right? Instead she’s camped out on her living room floor, unwashed, unkempt, and unable to sleep—because her husband Kevin keeps talking to her.Is she losing her mind?Kate’s attempts to find the source of the voice she hears are both humorous and humiliating, as she turns first to an “eclectically spiritual” counselor, then a shrink with a bad toupee, an exorcist, and finally group therapy. There she meets Jack, the warmhearted, unconventional pastor of a ramshackle church, and at last the voice subsides. But when she stumbles upon a secret Kevin was keeping, Kate’s fragile hold on the present threatens to implode under the weight of the past…and Kevin begins to shout.Will the voice ever stop? Kate must confront her grief to find the grace to go on, in this tender, quirky first novel about embracing life.
I'm so excited to be able to share this with you! Thanks for stopping by!
Bonnie Grove is the author of the upcoming book Your Best You: Discovering and Developing the Strengths God Gave You (Beacon Hill Press, March 1, 2009. Her debut novel, Talking to the Dead (David C. Cook) will hit stores June 1, 2009. Learn more at www.bonniegrove.com.

2 comments:

Kimberley Payne said...

Hey Bonnie,

If I haven't already said it I wanna remind you to put me at the top of the list for buying the book right off the press!

Kimberley Payne
www.kimberleypayne.com

Bonnie Grove said...

Thanks Kim! Your name is on the tipppy top of the list in medium blue ink.

Bonnie

Popular Posts